Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Daddy's House


Sharon and Jules have gone away for a trip. I saw them packing last week and I got kind of worried as I thought that they were going to abandon me and leave me forever! I was on my best behaviour for the past couple of days and I was praying real hard that they would never have to go away.

Oh dear! How would I cope on my own? I need Sharon to make my breakfast and Jules to take me out for my evening walks! Most of all, I need their love cos' I live on that! If love never existed, Brown Monster would be a dead dog! I'd die of a broken brown heart!

Then, Sharon told me not to worry cos' while they are busking under the tropical sun and sipping cocktails in a sunny beach filled with white sand and coconut trees, I would also be going for a short trip! Hooray! Initially, I thought that they were taking me along, but Jules told me that the airlines and hotels do not welcome doggies (how dare they disallow nice doggies like us!)!!! So, instead of running on all fours along a nice stretch of a tropical beach, I am going to Daddy's house for the next week. Yippee! That's also good news as I would get a lot of pampering and it's been a while since I visited my old house. So, I am glad to be able to have this opportunity to live with Daddy and Mummy again for the next few days!

I can re-live my old routine with Daddy and Mummy:
7am: Wake Daddy up by licking his face, jumping on his bed and annoying the hell out of him! (Haha!)
7.10am: Take my morning walk with Daddy
7.30am: Beg Mummy for breakfast
7.45am: Eat breakfast
7.50am: Stand on my hind legs and watch the morning traffic at the window.
8.15am: Bark at the birds, the occasional stray cat and the motorists.
8.25am: Chase the garbage collectors from the front window to the back gate.
8.30am- 6.30pm: My daily duty of guarding the house when Mummy and Daddy are out. (I have my prepared lunch at around 12 noon and I will entertain myself with a ball game at 3pm).
6.45pm: Daddy comes home! (I'll give him a million-dollar welcome!)
7.30pm: Daddy takes me for a walk
8pm: Dinner with Daddy (I'll steal some morsels from his plate when he is not looking!)
8.30pm: Daddy goes to pick Mummy up and bring her home
8.45pm: Give Mummy her million-dollar welcome!
9pm: Annoy and disturb Daddy while he is doing his paperwork.
9.30pm: Sneak into Mummy's room, curl up next to her and watch TV with her.
9.55pm: Say 'goodnight' to Daddy and Mummy.
10pm: Once everyone is in bed, Brown Monster will turn in.

So, that will be my life for the next week or so till Sharon and Jules comes back! Boy, I will miss them! I wished that they never had to go, but they worked so hard to give me a better life; they need a break too! Well, I hope that they'll have a good time and they can be very sure of their trillion-dollar welcome when they come home!

And here's a shot of me trying to steal some orange from Daddy's fruit platter! :-)

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP