Monday, June 04, 2007

Happy Birthday Brownie Roo

We hope you know how deeply we love you
If only you knew the valuable lessons you taught and continue teaching us

You must have known we would be together forever from the first time you saw us
I remember you sitting outside my home, begging to be let in.

I remember being terrified of you - a very pregnant stray
You were such a brave doggie, getting beaten by the Evil living upstairs

And yet coming back to my home, because you knew...
You knew we were going to be soulmates
I often berate myself for not letting you into my heart earlier

I remember you stealing my shoe and running away with it
I still chuckle to myself when I think of that

You walked me across the carpark every day and watched till I safely crossed the street
You knew I would turn around to say goodbye
How did you know?

Our only regret is that we never had you as a puppy
We are sorry we were not there to protect you from getting the scars on your face
We wish we were there to help you mend your leg when you hurt it
Every time we see your bent leg and your scars, we feel such auguish

We shudder to think of you almost giving birth alone and we are eternally grateful to all who helped

If only we could turn back time, we would have loved you from the day you were born.

Happy Fifth Birthday Brownie Roobarka!


4 comments:

Anonymous,  9:45 am  

Happy birthday! Such a touching story... yes I wish we can turn back time and stop all this from happening... but as long as your in a loving home, thats what matters now! PAw hugs!

Anonymous,  5:18 am  

How are you today?

Billy (YES Casanova!!!) 8:49 am  

Happy belated birthday little one. You are so loved and we are so happy for you:) It makes us get the fuzzies all over.

BIG hugs little Brownie:) xox

Brownie Roo the Brown Monster 7:31 am  

Thanks Pearly and Billy! My birthday was fun. Will post pics up soon.

Love
Brownie Roo

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP