Monday, October 09, 2006

Animal Blessing Day 2006: Brownie Gets Her Blessings!

FR. CLIFFORD AUGUSTINE OFM

There were so many animals this year, I hardly had any place to move around! A few doggies got a little too close to me (I'm paranoid about my personal bubble) and I actually growled and snapped when some of them tried to smell my butt. I think it's really rude to do so and it's definitely not appropriate to do so during the Animal Blessing ceremony! It's OK at a social canine gathering, but not when the prayers are being read!

BROWNIE GETS BLESSED BY FR. CLIFFORD!

Anyway, Sharon and Jules were in a hurry as they had to rush back to work and to set their examination papers/ study for their own papers. Fr. Clifford instructed the crowd to form 3 queues (where the Brothers were) and he informed the crowd that the Brothers would bless their pets. Karen caught Fr. Clifford's attention by waving frantically and when he saw us, he was so happy; he immediately gave me a blessing on-the-spot and we did not have to queue up! Yippee!! Jules had a short chat with Fr. Clifford and in less than 10 minutes, we were out of church and on the way home! It was a frantic day as Sharon and Jules were tied up with work, but despite their tight schedules, they still made time to take me to church and I love them so much for all the sacrifices that they make for me! I'm the luckiest doggie in the world and I have the best owners!!

JULES HAVING A CHAT WITH FR. CLIFFORD

Before rushing home, we stopped by at the vet's stall. The vet was around to give free medical check-ups. When she lifted my onto the table, there were so many people staring at me, I was a little shy. But the vet said that I had excellent fur (thick, well-kept and shiny), a little plague and tartar on my teeth (been stealing sweets from Jules) and that I had to lose a little more weight. She complimented Sharon and Jules on doing an excellent job in my health! Wow, I was so relieved to hear that! The vet's so nice, she gave me some samples of Eukanuba and Science Diet to try. If it tastes good and improves my health further, I will get Karen to buy them for me during X'mas.

BROWNIE GETS HER FREE MEDICAL CHECK-UP

1 comments:

A&S 9:43 am  

we still think you must be part shiba inu, you're such a handsome devil like us!

akira & shiro

  © Free Blogger Templates Blogger Theme II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP